Winners of 2014 Ombudsman Public Service Awards
Ombudsman Fiona Crean will present the 2014 Ombudsman Public Service Awards tomorrow to five city staff for their commitment to resolving residents’ complaints about city services.
The Ombudsman Awards are given annually to city staff who are exceptionally responsive in resolving residents’ complaints made to the Ombudsman. They are also awarded to staff who advance good public administration by improving systems that result in better service and governance.
“There are so many city staff who are deeply committed to providing good service,” says Fiona Crean. “They apply common sense and do the right thing. They are also the ones who help make the machinery of government work better.”
The winners of the City of Toronto 2014 Ombudsman’s Award are:
- Antoanela Culcearu, Operating Unit Manager, Toronto Community Housing
- Joe Magalhaes, District Manager, Investigation Services, Municipal, Licensing & Standards
- Barry Randell, Director, Court Services
- Lynda Taschereau, Executive Director, Strategic & Corporate Policy, City Manager’s Office
- Wendy Walberg, Practice Lead, Legal Services
The winners were chosen by a jury of six community leaders including Sabina Ali, Rahul Bhardwaj, Angela Coke, Sheldon Levy, Susan McIssac, and Carol Wilding.